Friday, October 16, 2015

The importance of positive self-concept to your success, continue

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


It is interesting to me how important our relationship with others (social concept) ties into our relationship with ourselves (self-concept). Why? Because I believe that although it is important to develop independence, and appreciate individuality, we are meant to love and be loved. Our relationships encompass many different degrees of love and without compassion for self or self-love; it is impossible to whole-heartily feel the love of another.

We hear a lot about self-esteem and self-confidence but I believe self-concept is all encompassing of these other aspect, it’s more like an umbrella.

I believe the 3 “S’s” I offer in the article to be most important to our wellbeing; self-awareness, self-compassion and support.

With this agenda, and by embracing it authentically, we can improve self-concept, which will in turn help us not only change ourselves but also change our world by positively impacting the relationships in our lives.

I’ve been working to tweak my article all week because of the importance of my message about the power of positive self-concept. When you have it, you will shine!


Tell me what you think. Does this make sense to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment