Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Strengthen your support from home through family therapy, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


As a newly Limited, Licensed Professional Counselor, I am interested in helping families because I feel that a healthy family is the foundation to the success of our homes, communities and so on. Considering this I am curious about the dynamics of family therapy. I feel pretty fortunate with my family; I wonder if I really did pick them at a spiritual level? Although we’ve had our moments in the past, I can call any one of my loved ones and I believe they would help me in any way possible and I would do the same for them. This is something I do not take for granted because I have seen many families who are unable to count on one another in times of need.

If you can’t count on your family, whom can you really count on?

The strength we get from those who can really understand our life circumstances is extremely empowering. Although we may have grown up in the same environment, we can perceive things differently and this perception depends on many factors like where we rank in birth order, our personalities, physical attributes etc. But while we may live with perceived differences, we can better understand the lives of our siblings because of our overlapping journeys. When we care and we’re genuinely curious about individuals in our family, this attention gifts warmth back. Just like in any relationship, there is give and take. But, if healthy relationships were never really modeled and dysfunction has become the norm, it may be time to take action and to reach out to a professional for help. At least open the dialogue and see who might be willing to embrace positive change, it’s worth a shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment