Sunday, October 4, 2015

Learn to control your temper, continued...

Control your beast within! Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I believe we all know or we have ourselves, been this hotheaded person at one time or another. It is embarrassing to see someone ranting and raving in public; it shifts the energy in a bad way. Whether you are having anger management issues or it is someone in your circle, being in this environment is harmful to all who succumb to the toxicity. It is no fun to have to walk on eggshells around others. This type of atmosphere isn’t nurturing, but instead it stifles growth. It causes unnecessary stress resulting in headaches, digestive issues, and high blood pressure, just to name a few consequential ailments.

I’ve mentioned in the past, as a young adult, that I was very vocal and aggressive when I felt someone was wronging me. Today, I’ve learned to pick my battles and I work to stay on the high road by being the bigger person. Sometimes it is not worth the grief but this doesn’t mean that we should allow others to walk all over us and sacrifice our morals.

I mention in the article that there is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive by hurting others with a wrath of fury. I like to think that I behave assertively but with heart. I do not let others take advantage of me but when conflict arises and I know I must address it, I keep my interface purposefully direct but with an intent to convey my feelings without being confrontational. It is possible to speak your mind without throwing others under the bus. I believe that when you can project yourself into the other person’s shoes so you understand their perspective, it makes you more sympathetic and it then gifts an amenable solution.

The key is that we must be able to think rationally in these challenging situations; when we are able to logically process the interface, we are controlling our tempers by allowing our minds to seek solutions instead of succumbing to our emotions.  It is possible to change; you just have to want to be healthier!

How bad do you want to change and be able to control your temper outbursts? Let’s talk about it, leave me a note.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment