Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Why procrastinate, continued...


Microsoft Office photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


When I started my article on procrastination I was including myself into the population of people who procrastinate in the world and I was feeling a bit down about it. I just finished my Master’s Degree and I’m currently awaiting my State Limited License in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Over the next few years I will have to pass a state test and eventually put in 3,000 supervised counseling hours to become fully licensed (drop the limited portion). I’ve been feeling the need to start studying for this exam although I’ve been gathering materials, I haven’t fully taken the dive into it yet. I was wondering why I’ve been procrastinating and this is what inspired my article.

After I researched this topic a bit I now realize that we all procrastinate from time to time but it is the people who put things off often that have issues with the wrath of procrastination. This results in a lot of guilt, stress and overall anxiety, which eventually causes health issues.

I was happy to realize that I am not an avid procrastinator and the more I thought about it, I’m probably just tired after the effort I put into my degree and I’m giving myself a bit of a break from studying considering I just finished an almost 3 year school program less than a month ago.

I’ve been busy this past month. I went out of town twice, got married and threw a party among many other things. My routine is under-going a lot of change currently so I have to give myself time to adjust and I have to remember to be kind to myself.

I like the recommendations offered in the article to procrastinators about self-forgiveness. It is easy to feel shameful or guilty when the “should of or could of” line of thought sabotages us. I’ve said it many times before, we get more accomplished with self-love than self-cruelty.


If you’ve been procrastinating something, I’m hoping you too will feel better after reading my article. Perhaps it will motivate you to put your thoughts into action like it has motivated me. There is no time like the present my friend, embrace the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment