Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A space that honors you, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I like the quote I closed my article with about home existing in our hearts and it is a place where we love by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., that I found on BrainyQuote.com. I experienced this in my home I am currently living in today. It felt cozy and I loved this space when I was feeling full of life and hope. But, as my marriage fell apart, and the love dissipated in my home suddenly the walls became dull, the life of the space seeped out into the world and I was left feeling exhausted in a toxic space. The home I once loved felt so harsh and unwelcoming. As the life drained out of me, it drained out of my sacred space. I hated that I felt so uncomfortable there; my home turned into a house. It was a traumatic experience and it took some time before I was able to take back my space. I repainted, I used white sage in my home to clear the negativity, I rearranged and replaced the furniture and I implemented Feng shui. I spent time meditating, drawing, writing and finding my way back to a healthier me. As my spirit surfaced again, my home manifested. It is possible to clear a space and make it your own. You can do it through your heart. 

It might sound corny but there is truly a difference between living in a house or a home. My hope for all of you is that your space honors your wellbeing and it gives you a therapeutic hug each and every time you step into your home. I believe home is truly a space outside of your body that is the essence of you; it’s your heart space.


What are your thoughts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment