Thursday, August 27, 2015

Tap into the primal you, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I know what it feels like to find yourself corned in a situation that you’ve somehow played a part in and seems like it has stolen your spirit. I remember looking into the eyes of my two little boys while feeling the heartache of my unhealthy marriage and wondering how I got there. I knew I would turn over the earth if I had to in order to give my kids a healthier life, and in the aftermath, it felt like I actually had done this. I went into primal mode for a number of years. I leaned on my gut instinct to rise out of the ashes and into a brighter future. It was exhausting. I sacrificed much of myself but in hindsight, I think all of my hard work and sleepless nights had paid off in the end.

I think for most of us we have a hopeful spirit and sometimes when this hopeful spirit is spent on the shortcomings of others, it can mislead us. We start living our fantasy instead of accepting the reality of life in the present. When you are in this vicious cycle, days, weeks, months, and years can go on and as time passes it layers more and more pain into the situation. Suddenly, you wonder, “How did I get here and how did I let this happen?” It is ugly and it takes a lot of work to unwind the tangled mess. But it isn’t the end of the world; it can be fixed.

I think I surfaced my primal self and lived with this person for several years. What does this mean? I pushed forward in survival mode (it was all I had left to give) and eventually after a few years I was able to accomplish enough to rise from the ashes and be triumphant.

I will always persevere. I know this because I am someone who believes in a higher power and this source keeps me moving through and overcoming anything I need to in order to find my way. While I may be a victim in life at times, it is only in the moment of the hardship then my survival mode kicks in and keeps me in transition until I find my way triumphantly.


I believe this power to be in all of us, all we have to do is tap into it! What are you waiting for, isn’t time for you to persevere?

No comments:

Post a Comment