Saturday, July 18, 2015

Expression of altruism, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


It really doesn’t matter what side of the track you are from, if you were entitled and grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth, share the wealth. If you were economically challenged and your childhood was filled with a need for more, step up for those children suffering today. Why, because you know what it feels like to be deprived.

I believe altruistic people are miracle workers. I love the warm energy that fills the room from someone who authentically cares about others. This sense of community is really contagious. If you are part of a group of people who volunteer, you know how this energy empowers.

If you are part of a family that helps others, I’m sure this gift of love is instilled within you; tap into it and make the world a better place.

My life, since I started volunteering in a shelter in my community and at a hospital, has been charged with positivity. I do not give a lot of time to the hospital but when I prioritize a few hours a year, it lifts my spirit. I wouldn’t trade this feeling for anything. I’ve never been volunteer of the week, month or the year and I’m sure my future doesn’t hold this recognition. I’m good with this, really! My heart grows each and every time I devote any time with others in need. It's really special. 

My hope is that my actions have instilled altruism within my kids and that it will play a part in their world as they step into adulthood. This would be a beautiful legacy to leave!


What are your thoughts; all for one or one for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment