Monday, July 13, 2015

Belief in self, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I like the recommendations detailed on Inc.com about improving self-confidence. Here are more of their suggestions:

“…Never accept failure. There is a solution to everything, so why would you want to throw in the towel? Make this your new mantra. Succeeding through great adversity is a huge confidence booster… Learn everything there is to know about your field, job, presentation--whatever is next on your "to conquer" list. If you are prepared, and have the knowledge to back it up, your self-confidence will soar… Sit down right now and make a list of all the things in your life that you are thankful for, and another list of all the things you are proud of accomplishing. Once your lists are complete, post them on your refrigerator door, on the wall by your desk, on your bathroom mirror--somewhere where you can easily be reminded of what an amazing life you have and what an amazing person you really are. If you feel your self-confidence dwindling, take a look at those lists and let yourself feel and be inspired all over again by you.”

Many times, for me, inside it feels like I am dying a slow death but on the outside I push myself to dive into whatever I am reaching into that is new. Many, many times I think, “What the heck have I got myself into” as I’m stepping into the intimidating realm but I am loyal to my word so once I commit, I attempt to follow through. Sometimes I’m happier in the aftermath and other times I’m just happy to put it behind me. I figure this is it so why not get out there and try to reach for the stars. I do use a very simple mantra when I’m feeling overwhelmed, I say, “I’ve got this” and I just keep telling myself this until I’m through the experience.

Perhaps this isn’t the healthiest of ways to motivate but if I feel like my fear is trying to hold me back, many times I get angry about it and the energy generated from this anger trumps my anxiety and this allows me to ride the wave so to speak.

The healthiest way to embrace any experience is to enter it with a curious energy. When we’re able to do this we are mindfully present and this mindset enables us to fully process whatever we are experiencing.

I am fearful often but I also realize that I need to push through this fear to enable my growth so, whatever it takes, I push forward and overcome. Most of the time it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t but the trend is more positive than not.


How do you rate your own self-confidence? What helps you get through adversity? Share your secrets with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment