Saturday, July 25, 2015

Bejeweled Blitz, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I must confess I am a fan of Bejeweled Blitz; I like the classic game. Perhaps it draws me in because of my competitive spirit or it is tantalizing to the child in me but at least a couple of times a week I like to settle into the game, mostly late night, and I continue to push for high score.

I used to feel guilty about this pastime because it wasn’t productive but for us to be efficient and productive we need some downtime and fun so I’m not as hard on myself about this any longer. Do not misunderstand, if I was playing hours and hours each and everyday, this is not a healthy. The key word in the article is moderation. Also, perhaps it is the mom in me but the research offers “casual games” like Bejeweled Blitz as being productive so if it is a violent game, I’m not sure it meets the grade as far as being a positive at least according to this particular research.

The impact of violent gaming is controversial and something I’m not going to get into here although I do not care for them. I like more calming or upbeat games. I think whatever we interface with creates energy that dwells with and impacts us. I want to boost the light in my light not the darkness!


What do you do with your downtime? Do you play any online video games? Drop me a note and let’s talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment