Sunday, June 21, 2015

Welcome summer, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I am drawn to darkness; I like to channel my energy into lighting the world by soothing hardship one person at a time including myself. It is important I realize that I too need self-love and attentiveness in order to be healthy enough to help others. I struggled with the full acceptance of my dark side for many years into my adulthood but eventually I realized that by me denying, or shaming this being who still breathes within me, I am energizing the wrong kind of energy. If I stumbled on a vulnerable young adult striking out into the world in pain today I would reach to this person to help soothe his or her pain so why wouldn’t I do the same for the younger version of me who made such terrible past decisions? Does this past make the younger me a bad individual today considering I am using my story to help others and I’m working to positively contribute to the world as an adult? I don’t think so. I can’t change the past but I can use what I learned to shape the present moment and create a brighter future. The summer solstice is a great day to honor our past selves, darkness and all, in order to fully appreciate the light gifted by the first day of summer.

I always gauge myself, where ever I am in life, to the light, which is why I ended my article by stating "whether you are on the dark side of the light or the light side" honor this place as a starting point. 

Symbolically, the summer solstice is a pretty spectacular day. I’m hopeful my article will prompt you to take a few moments to ponder and embrace this day in order to brighten your world!


What trench are you braving your way through? Talk to me about it, I think it will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment