Saturday, June 27, 2015

Make yourself smile, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Today, while I was in prison co-facilitating a therapy group, I participated in a meditation with the participants. It was an empowerment exercise that was about gathering and feeling our own power. We first grounded ourselves by planting our feet firmly on the floor and sitting up straight. Then we started deep breathing. We pressed our hands together and then pressed our feet firmly onto the floor as a technique to gather our own strength. Then, we released and repeated the process. The person who led the meditation instructed us, as we released the energy, she told us to smile the victor’s smile. This was described as a half smile.

It got me thinking about smiling and all of the benefits this small thing can gift to us.

It amazes me, as the article shares, that it can create endorphins, lower our heart rate, reduce stress and boost our immune system.

I mean, come on, we’re talking about a smile. Pretty cool, huh?


How often do you think you smile in a day? How ever often it is, I don’t think it is enough. I challenge you to be aware of your smiles and face each day with an intent to share more happiness with the world; smile away my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment