Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Being wrong, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


It is so easy to get stuck in negative thinking patterns especially if we’re feeling down about our bad decisions. Perhaps you or someone you know is in a space of, “How did I end up here at this unwelcomed place in my life?” Ultimately we have to take ownership of our decisions, like it or not. If we do not take ownership, we’ll be in denial and unable learn from the experience. If you’re in denial of your past and you’re unhappy with your present day life, be accountable because you contributed to this.

This can sound harsh but it is our decisions that manifest into the world in which we are living as adults. The message in the article is to give yourself a break; stop letting the darkness of feeling wrong hold you back. Get over it and move on to bigger and better things.

When I was younger I used to be really hard on myself, I was a perfectionist and in this mindset there wasn’t any room for mistakes. This is unrealistic; an irrational pressure I put on myself that was really self-sabotaging. I’ve learned that this is not supportive and, instead, if I try my best to continue to better myself if I make a mistake, I practice treating myself compassionately with love. I would rather make a decision, right or wrong, then shy away from the situation in fear because I wasn’t able to make the decision.

Have you ever known someone who doesn’t make decisions? This person is just floating; no progress is made in his or her world. It is really unfortunate because right or wrong, decision-making offers growth to us.

So if you are wrong about something, admit it. If you can make the wrong right, then attempt to do so. Self-analyze to see what variables led you to your decision in order to understand where the process went wrong because ultimately you do not want to make the same mistake twice.

If you can find a lesson in the experience, then in my opinion you’ve done what you can and you need to give yourself the benefit of the doubt; move on!


We are all human; like it or not, we are not perfect. Love yourself for who you are, flaws and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment