Monday, March 23, 2015

Are you wearing a mask, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Recently I was reviewing a binder of art therapy exercises and found one with a mask theme. and it inspired my article The exercise requires the participant to create and decorate a mask that represents how the world sees this individual and then the project is followed by a discussion about whether the mask matches the individual’s true identity or not.

It got me thinking about my life and my growth over the years. As I’m aging my worldly persona is the same as my private persona. This doesn’t mean I do not have boundaries or realize the need for privacy but fundamentally, what you see is what you get from me and I’m good with this.

I’ve learned long ago that it takes too much energy to keep up a fa├žade; to wear a mask and remember when to put it on and when to take it off. It’s just not worth my time to fake personas. I believe I am enough for whatever I want to pursue, I do not need to step into a cookie-cutter type persona in order to gain something. My uniqueness makes me an individual and if someone is not okay with me, the way I am, it is his or her problem not mine.

I truly believe this and I also believe you are enough too! God created us this way and now it is our life’s purpose to embrace our diversities and push forward creating our healthy lives!


Are you wearing a mask? Will you take it off? Talk to me, I’m here and you don't have to fake anything for us to interface!

No comments:

Post a Comment