Monday, February 23, 2015

The mind's eye, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Amy Purdy talked to Oprah about how she visualized her life while in the hospital after losing her legs from the knees down. She explained that she knew and believed that she would snowboard again. She said not only could she see it but in the moment of this vision, she could feel it; Amy could feel the wind against her face and her muscles twitching as if she was snowboarding. She said she didn’t know how she would get to this point again but she whole heartily believed she would get there.

In the end of my Examiner article I ask you what you see for you life? This question is not about how you are currently living but more about that crisp vision that is holding on in your psyche that instills a thought wrapped by a celestial presence that silently empowers you with a knowing that you are meant to do more with our life.

I, my friend, have this vision; it is clear in my mind’s eye. I feel this knowing in my core that I will achieve a mark in some aspect of a new human services role. I believe this to be my calling into Art Therapy. In order to get to this credential I first felt the need to obtain a Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling. If all goes well I will obtain this degree by the Fall of this year. It feels like a long ride but I’m getting there. Somehow, someway, I will land into a position that will enable me to use my God-given creative talent and my therapeutic skills that are growing, to serve others; to make a difference in the lives of others one person at a time.

I sense this, I see this and I feel this.


What are you seeing in your mind’s eye? I would love to read about it. Drop me a note and let’s correspond!

No comments:

Post a Comment