Saturday, February 21, 2015


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


When I think about all of my hardships, such as a death of a loved one, divorce, job loss, and betrayals it does make me realize that my perception in each situation was foundational to my suffering and to my recovery. When something is going wrong in my life today I always try to look at the hardship in a way to try to understand what it is here to teach me. When we can sit with the pain and suffering without trying to block it, in this raw and vulnerable state, basically surrendering to it, I believe this mindset allows us to free ourselves from its hold. When we fight it and react from our emotions, we block any clarity that the hardship might be here to offer.

Viktor Frankl’s research and offering in the field of psychology gives us the means to flip the switch in our minds in order to internally compensate for any hardship we face by adjusting our thoughts to enable us to persevere in spite of it all and grow because of it all.

Understanding the why of our suffering is big in our recovery process. Viktor Frankl’s work gives us a lot to think about; he leaves us with a pretty amazing legacy!


Are you in search of a meaning? Drop me a note and let’s talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment