Friday, January 16, 2015

Stages of change, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Change is difficult. Most of the time it is forced on us unless, of course, we are pursuing it and in this case, this type of change seems to take forever before it comes full circle. We make attempts time and time again to implement a change, for example, to lose weight but we have issues really getting our arms fully wrapped around it.

When I was reading the detail provided from the website of the University of Rhode Island about the stages of change, I think it is powerful that intent is a big part of it.  Although there are more clinical or fancy labels for these stages, to put them in simple terms the state of mind seems to go from denial to eventual acceptance and then upkeep but intent is a big part of this process.

Depending on the type of change we can stay in any of these stages for a very long time. Some people never change and live in an unrealistic world while others continually grow as they go through the stages time and time again.

It is worthwhile to look at your life and determine where you dwell especially tied to goals you are trying to accomplish.

To me, change in inevitable and without it we don’t grow. When I fight change, it doesn’t seem to help me although it just buys me time while my mind, body and spirit all comes on board or catches up and then when this happens I am able to complete the stages.


What are your thoughts about the stages of change? Do you flow in your life or do you have difficulty with change? Let me know, I’m interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment