Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year perspective, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post.


I think if you went back to my December and January blog posts from the last couple of years you would see a theme/pattern of attempted weight loss sagas. I have offered many types of eating strategies, and exercise routines that may or may not have worked. I seem to yoyo in weight on average 10 pounds or so but over the past 10 years, about 50 pounds in total. As most of us are aware, this up and down process is really discouraging.

This year I am starting the year with a gym membership, better sleep because of my C-PAP (sleep apnea) machine, and a will to persevere. I have gifted myself an extra time to get my psyche in line, to cradle myself with encouragement and self-love. Because, honestly, what I think is the most important component to any healthy lifestyle change is whether it is genuine and bundled by compassionate. In the past I have not been very loving to myself; this is self-sabotaging. I know that beneath the extra fat on my body is a tone and fit person excited to surface and in order for this inner self to show up, I must appreciate and love the outer shell that I am currently wearing. I am good with all of this!

I’m excited about my prospects this year. I am in the final year of my Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling and I am starting to look at Doctorate programs in Art Therapy, which is my ultimate goal. I’m hopeful about the whole year from start to finish. It is a nice feeling!


Mentally and physically, I believe 2015 is going to trend into a more positive me and I am fine with putting forth the effort and self-love to make this all happen! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment