Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Heart beats, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo taken of artwork in Jamaica

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post.


I am truly a feeling person. I believe I have the gift of being able to discern other’s feelings too. I’m sure with practice this will strengthen and it will be fundamental to the Mental Health Counseling career I am pursuing. This connection helps me assess and reach out to others whenever I can. I used to think I needed to offer advice to solve everyone’s problems but this isn’t the case, it actually hurts them more than it helps. Lending an ear for attentive listening or a shoulder to lean on makes a big difference to the individual struggling. It helps this person realize he or she isn’t alone. And, when we open our heart to others it creates a connection that not only helps the person in need but it helps us too.

I’ve said this before but when we are walking on a spiritual path we realize that although we are responsible for self, we are all here making our way together with others. When you’re able to see the world this way, and appreciate your place in the greater whole, you realize you are never truly alone nor are you suffering something that others haven’t; someone somewhere has gone through a similar situation and/or is going through it now.

Reach out and lean on others, create connections that are heartfelt, it will make your world blossom and expand!


Are you a thinker or feeler? Drop me a note and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment