Monday, November 3, 2014

Awareness of life patterns and how to shape them, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC drawing

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


If you could visually depict the threads that intertwine within your world, what would this pattern look like? Be sure to include your helping hand!

I ask because this article was inspired by a project required as part of the curriculum in my Expressive Trauma Art Therapy course. You can see a photo of my finished product posted above.

Basically, I had to trace my hand and then draw a grid on top of it and within each shape on the picture, I had to input different creative patterns, symbols or pictures. It was tedious to create but the project did turn out to be visually cool. I like how you can still see the hand as it kind of pops even though it is meshed within all of the complexities detailed within the picture. It is very symbolic of our life patterns.  

It is not easy to break the force of a chronic and negative pattern but with awareness and hard work channeled effort can overcome and persevere.


What are your thoughts? Have you changed any toxic patterns in your life? If so, what are they and how did you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment