Sunday, October 26, 2014

Living your full potential, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I learned about the Shadow self through Debbie Ford’s book, Dark Side of the Light Chasers. Her appearances on Oprah’s show over the years taught me about the importance of accepting the little girl that I used to despise that lives within me. Why did I despise her? Because of the unacceptable things she did that I was not able to change; this lives in my past. I have learned that this “misfit” within was just a product of my young and unhealthy environment. I justified unhealthy choices then but today I know better and because of this past I do better. This angry and savage like little girl taught me to survive and eventually, through this acceptance, to thrive in a healthy environment. Debbie taught me to hug this inner self instead of denying and shaming her. And, by doing this I was able to gain an inner peace that strengthened me and helped to align me with universal love instead of worldly turmoil, a turmoil that used to manifest from within me.

Denying your inner self, the darkest place within, causes struggle in your life and until you realize this, you will just exist in the world instead of thriving by living your full potential, which is in alignment with the universe. 

Do you love yourself? If you do not love all of you, how can you expect others to? How can you surface your best self?


How to Unleash Your Full Potential to Live Your UnlivedLife, which I referenced within my Examiner article, shared this reference, “Excerpt from Living Your Unlived Life by Robert A. Johnson and Jerry M. Ruhl, Ph.D. with permission from Tarcher/Penguin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment