Sunday, August 10, 2014

Triggers, continued


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I am really amazed by the work of an art therapist and I can’t wait until I’m out in the field doing this work. Art has been medicine for me since as far back as I can remember. I love to mentor and help people so I feel like I will finally be fulfilling my soul work although I’m embarking on this adventure a bit late in my life. It took me until my early forties to finally gather enough courage to change career choices. The artist in me has been aching to get out!

I’m hopeful to get accepted into a doctorate program for Art Therapy once I finish my Master’s in mental health counseling. I still have a long road ahead of me but because I am really interested and passionate about it, it is actually going by faster than I would have thought. I am learning that there really is something in the journey. If I don’t look at it this way, it would be torturous since the destination is still very far on the horizon.

I can’t wait to be able to look at someone’s drawing and be able to get some insight about the person’s psyche that drew it. It is crazy that there is really rhyme or reason to this type of interpretation. As I learn about it, I’ll share it with you.

Hopefully you’ll gain some insight that may benefit you somewhere in your life!

Does creativity have a place in your life right now? I bet you, even if you don’t believe it does, if we talked I could prove to you that you are creative. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment