Sunday, August 17, 2014

Key to your success, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information about this blog post:


Are you or do you know someone who is an adult and still plays the blame game? You know, it’s so and so’s fault for my misery! It is really difficult to be in the sidelines of this type of person; they have an external locus of control and until the figure out that they are responsible for their own destiny, they will continue to wallow in dysfunction.

I am a person who feels accountable for everything and everyone in my circle; it is an internal locus of control. I have to remind myself of the Serenity Prayer often. I must get out of my own way and surrender to the Universe. To me this means manage what I am responsible for, to the best of my ability, and then leave the rest for God to work out since I can’t control things beyond my reach (like controlling the actions of others). It is a hard pill to swallow if you are a nurturer like me. But, the reality is, my perspective is self-sabotaging. I have to learn to appreciate my essence of accountability but in order for me to be realistic, I must be logical about what I have control over.


Life is truly a roller coaster and although we may not feel we can control the actually ride we’re buckled onto, we did get to choose the roller coaster at the park. We have a choice on how we respond to life circumstance; we can be flexible, positive and have some fun or fight the process entirely. What is your stance? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment