Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Be persistent, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Persistence is a great quality to have as far as I’m concerned. I wouldn’t feel like I’ve accomplished what I have so far in my life had I not had my persevering spirit. For me it seemed like being persistent was easier when I was a young adult. Yes, I had a lot of pride and emotion to work through when I faced rejection but, at that time, my energy and motivation to move forward was greater than anything else so I did what I had to do.

Today, I’m a bit slower and this pace allows me to really absorb what is going on, I care more about quality than quantity. I am more on a path of enlightenment and this overrides my need to get to the destination as quickly as possible. Because of this when I get turned down for something, I sometimes wonder is this a sign from above? I then have to figure out if this is a sign and if I need to revamp my plan or is it just a stumbling block I must overcome in order to persevere. My intuition is key to solving this dilemma.

Something I love about my article is the words, “in spite of” that are part of the Google definition for persistence. I know that, as I grow older, I can appreciate the power of saying, “In spite of it all I have…” (you fill in the blank).

For me, I try not to let my pride get in my way. I loved my dad whole-heartily but I never understood how sometimes his pride seemed to get in his way; it hurt him at times when he could have gotten needed help.


If we stay sincere in our efforts and we’re persistent and passionate, I think we’ve got the making of great success. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment