Sunday, July 6, 2014

Young adults, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC 

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


We recently spent some time in the Salem/Boston area on the East coast and we had a blast. There were a lot of young people in downtown Boston (some pretty fun street performers) and also many worked behind the scenes in Salem. They do seem more open, spiritually, than my generation. Perhaps this is because of the shift in society forced by the economic downturn (many people suffered loss in 2008 and the years that followed). I often wonder if I had found my path to enlightenment twenty something years ago, how much heartache I may have sidetracked but, then again, I am the person I am today because of the pain I have suffered; it enabled my growth.

This article was inspired by a discussion at school about these young adults and entitlement. I do believe it overpowers this population but I have faith, especially since they have heart, they too will overcome and persevere. They will suffer through the harshness of realizing, you can’t always get what you want, but this pain will gift growth.

Did you follow the link to the Empowering Parents advice in the article? It is pretty interesting. 

Do you have any young adults in your world? What are your thoughts about their maturity and mindset? I’m curious!



No comments:

Post a Comment