Saturday, July 19, 2014

Intelligent or motivated, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


If I consider motivation as something of the light, and, if this is the case, is procrastination something dark? Is equating this energy to good verses evil really appropriate? Maybe it isn’t this drastic but I have known some really smart people who just can’t seem to summon the energy to pursue their dreams and passions even though they have the ability to achieve them, this is disheartening to me. Perhaps laziness or fear of failure is holding them back, I’m not sure but I do know that a pinch of motivation can go a very long way.

I consider myself both intelligent and motivated, why not? Because I believe we can have both qualities! But, we are human and this involves procrastination. For me the idea might have to simmer for a while before it really comes full circle with it; I guess this sounds nicer than labeling my process procrastination! On rare occasions procrastination actually works to ones benefit, have you ever had a problem resolve itself before you really had a chance to tackle it?

I was once going to fire an employee for a trend of errors and when I was trying to determine my timing for this uncomfortable confrontation, he inadvertently put in his notice. Yeah, problem solved!

Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and this motivated him to move on, hopefully it motivated him enough to put forth a more focused effort in his new work environment!


If you are procrastinating something of value to your life, it’s time to take action. Who are you really hurting by putting important life moves on hold? Gather your courage and give it your best shot, you my friend, are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment