Saturday, February 8, 2014

Victim to survivor, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to gain background information to this blog post:


I love the thought of this piece; if you’re to close to something and you’re feeling helpless in resolution, lean away to see if this shift offers clarity.

It is definitely easier said than done. If you are a parent of young adults, life has probably humbled you enough, by now, through relentless experiences that have caused you to step back and let your adult child find his or her way.

We all want to dig in each and every time our adult son or daughter stumbles but if we were to, how could they ever learn true independence?

For me, I’m noticing as I am leaning out, away from the hardship, I am leaning into my faith.  One of my favorite verses in the Bible says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,” Philippians 4:13 King James Version. This verse empowers me.

It feels like a miracle when you step out of the victim mentality and into the survivor’s shoes. Your helpless self turns confident just through this newly labeled perspective.

Think about how you look at yourself and how you feel about yourself. Are you giving your power away or are you empowering you?

It is really important to understand this.

Can you share any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment