Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stretching soothes, continued...




Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


To me, most any type of stretch is healthy (of course you have to properly warm the body).  But what I mean by this is, whether I’m looking at a stretch of the beach as it curves and dissipates into the horizon or I’m stretching my mind to learn a new realm or literally I am physically stretching my muscles, I’m improving myself!

The first thing I do when I open my eyes each morning is first I take a minute to recover any dreams still lingering within my mind, I then say a silent prayer to prepare for my day and lastly, I stretch my arms and legs to gift me with a boost of energy before I get out of bed.

As I engage my mind surrounding schoolwork, I continue to expand my intellectual muscle. As I engage my body I improve my motor movement and increase my muscle length. It is a win-win all around.

If you’re not stretching in your current routine, take a few minutes to try it out and let me know if you feel the benefit from this practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment