Thursday, February 6, 2014

Soothe your winter sorrow, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I have found myself drawn to a lot of soups as of late. We discovered Bertilla’s frozen soups at store and, although I prefer a homemade soup, these bags of soups are mouthwatering!

I mentioned the turkey I made and then I used the leftovers to make white chili; this is also a yummy escape from winter’s harshness.

Last week I was lucky enough to meet 2 friends at Olive Garden for a couple hours of bliss and this week I’m catching up with another for tea. This really is helpful. I find when I enjoy good company; my spirit lifts through this kinship.

Yesterday, I used a gift card from my fiancĂ© and kids to a spa to get my hair colored and cut. It is amazing how therapeutic this process is for me. First, I’m friends with my hair stylist and she is wonderful. Secondly, a little pampering goes a long way…
And, of course, getting rid of gray hair seems to take years off, not only my physical age, but from my psyche. It is truly amazing.

If you’re feeling down, it is really important to pay attention to the little things that help lift your spirit; make sure you schedule these as a priority. You deserve a break from the wintery weather; gift yourself a series of retreats!  

How do you embrace a retreat from the wintery madness of Mother Nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment