Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Twelve Days of Christmas, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


You know they say holidays are about friends and family but for the individuals who arrange gatherings, cook, spend endless hours shopping, wrapping and making sure the season is special for our loved ones, the days that follow must be soothing; a time for renewal.

I must admit, I didn’t realize The Twelve Days of Christmas actually start on Christmas day or the day following. I guess I had just assumed it was the twelve days leading up to the holiday.

To be truthful, this song has always bothered me. It feels overwhelming and odd. I think it is a bit to busy for me, so I figured why not find a way to heal after the rigors of the holiday and utilize this melody to structure such therapy?

I also like how this time span starts after the holiday and goes into the New Year, what a better way to start 2014?

Give me your thoughts, I’m curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment