Friday, December 27, 2013

Rebirth, an optimistic perspective, continued...



Lifetime Art Impression, LLC photos

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


For the most part I feel like I have an optimistic personality. Overall, I am a positive person but I do worry. I worry a lot; I worry about my teenagers, my finances and, overall, lots of things in my life. I think this behavior was a learned behavior from my childhood. I was in the sidelines of a mother who worked hard to keep us healthy but we were poor and she worried and prayed a lot to make ends meet. At times these ends didn’t meet and, of course, she made the most of it.

Today, as circumstances arise, I try to view things realistically and this helps me sort out what I can control and what is out of my control. When it is labeled, “out of my control” I pray about it and put it in God’s hands.  A good example of this might be me worrying about my 18-year old son, who has moved out. Much of this worry is about me letting go and giving my son the benefit of the doubt; he will make mistakes but hopefully he’ll learn from them and, in turn, grow from these experiences. It is hard to be in the sidelines of this but it is part of being a parent.  I’m getting better but I’ve still got a long ways to go.

What do you worry about? How do you overcome this? Can you offer any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment