Sunday, November 10, 2013

Be open and welcome everything, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I love Mark Nepo's quote, “We are all continually asked to learn how to ask for what we need only to practice accepting what we’re given.” This is really insightful. When I think about this, it reminds me about practicing to be in the present (living my truth), living and accepting right where I am, this really is all about surrendering to what we’re given instead of spending our time in thoughts of the future, wishing for more. This is when we’re sometimes forced to differentiate from our needs and our wants, to simply things. This is usually hard to swallow especially when it is forced on us through hardship such as job loss or other situations that cause downsizing.

At times when we’re asking for God’s help, could it be he is already present and we’re just so distracted with our wants we’re unable to feel him or notice this celestial presence? This is the message I got when I listened to Mark share his story on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday.

It is a great take away!

Click here to check out Mark’s website and watch his interviews with Oprah.


No comments:

Post a Comment