Saturday, October 19, 2013

Perfectionism, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information on this blog post:

Examiner article

I have always thought of myself as a perfectionist although I never thought this was a good thing. I've sacrificed a lot of health because of this unrealistic expectation I've put on myself.

Watching Life Class and listening to Brene Brown's perspective has given me a new understanding of my inappropriate quest to be perfect. Perhaps, I'm hiding behind this to avoid negative feedback? I've never thought of this in this way before, but it makes sense. I do not know anyone who likes backlash but regardless of how hard I try or anyone tries for that matter, there are always people who do not approve.  We have to learn to live our lives for ourselves. It is the best way to live!

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment