Thursday, October 31, 2013

A setback, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link for background information to this blog post:

Examiner article


I had such high hopes to be productive this week; during my first few days of my school break I was going to kick butt on those things I’ve not had time for but instead life kicked my butt! I’ve been sidetracked with health issues.  I really do hate setbacks.

I’ve shared recently how I have been struggling this year and not feeling like myself. Because of this I have been through many tests with a direct line to my doctor; it seems like the hospital has been a part time job, but it hasn’t paid off! Monday I went in for an abdomen and pelvic CT scan. This was scheduled last week and, at the time it was scheduled, I didn’t anticipate the migraine that would set in on Sunday, the night before the procedure. Of course, like a trooper I went into the appointment and persevered through it. I also kept my word and met all of my weekly obligations that involved others even though I wanted to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

I haven’t done anything extra on my list. It took everything just to get through my commitments. It wasn’t in the cards for me this week and, depending on what this test reveals, this list may not be in the cards next week either. I’m going to have to embrace whatever is in store for me. Does this mean my destination is altered? Not necessarily, it just means it may take a little longer to get there!

Surrender to your setback; don’t let it drain you. Take your power back. Once you do, you’ll be able to gain your footing again and, before you know it, you’ll gain momentum!

Drop me a note and share your thoughts about setbacks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment