Monday, September 2, 2013

Celebrate the american worker, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I, like many Americans, have always appreciated the long holiday weekend although I had never really researched its origin in the past. It's obvious, based on the name, Labor Day is associated with work. Usually, for me, it is symbolic of the end of summer, kids going back to school and the arrival of fall. Sad in a way because the year seems to go by so fast after this holiday comes and goes.

It is amazing to me how people survived in the job conditions a century ago. Can you even imagine?
We've all had a bad job but my worst doesn't even compare to the stuff these early Americans had to endure prior to the accomplishments by the United States Department of Labor.

Do you like your job or is it something you're doing to get you by for now? I do love what I do for a living although, since I'm transitioning, I have a long ways to go and this can be discouraging!

Drop me a note about your work situation, I would love to hear about it.

In the meanwhile, Happy Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment