Saturday, September 28, 2013

A dysfunctional pattern, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I am currently participating in a psychotherapy group, which is required for my Mental Health Counseling Master’s Degree. This is my 4th semester and, so far, this is my favorite class. I like this class because it is hands on for me. Yes, we are reading a textbook and we have homework but we are actually going through the therapy and, each individual within the group, brings in his or her own problem. This is far better than just reading and discussing a textbook.

Each member has his or her own unique response to others too. We also get to see how the therapist pokes and prods to get to the root of the problem tactfully.

It really is quite a magical experience.

I highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling socially; you gain critical relationships through this process. Give it a try!

Have you been in group therapy? If so, how did it work for you? I’m here to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment