Sunday, August 4, 2013

Personal development and career transition, continued...


Photo of Danea in the ER provided by Danea Horn

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article


Danea Horn continued the interview discussing her physical need for a career change.

In her words, “The circumstances were really my health. When I finally quit my full-time corporate finance job I was able to decrease the dosage of my blood pressure medication by half. Stress management is paramount to slowing the progression of kidney disease. I realized that the tension I felt between wanting to follow my dreams and keeping up the status quo was not doing me any favors. Once Creative Affirmations had an established audience of readers, I felt confident enough to venture out on my own. That doesn't mean that the adjustment wasn't scary. It took me a while to find my niche and get into a flow to determine exactly what I wanted my business to look like. I love the creativity that comes with working on your own. Anything I can dream up or want to write about can be explored. I really feel like the sky is the limit. I also feel so much gratitude for getting to write for and support women who are coping with a chronic illness. I believe that I found the courage to make this leap because someone needed to start spreading a message of self-compassion that people with chronic illness so often deny themselves.”

Her closing words,Health challenges teach us that we've got one shot here. So often we push our passions and values aside and assume that some day we will have the opportunity to do what we want to, but that day only comes if we take steps toward it. Even very small, itsy-bitsy, steps add up to make a big impact.”


No comments:

Post a Comment