Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life collage, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC 1/2 drawing, 1/2 newspaper picture (exercise in my Intermediate Drawing class) I would love to find the person who originally created the right side of this drawing (the newspaper picture), it is really interesting!

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I love to look at life through the eye of an artist, as if it is a creative art project. Because, I believe this to be the case! Today's article is inspired by a collage I've been thinking about creating since my father's death in 2008. I felt so broken at this time but, through this raw emotion and helplessness, I transitioned into a more fulfilling life. For me this was a break through. I want to visually depict this experience through a well thought-out collage. I've been thinking of the symbolic things I want to include in the piece and ponding the medium.

I am not instructing drawing at the community center the rest of the summer (my summer class ended the end of June) so this is going to be my warm weather project. I can't wait to share the finished project!

What are your thoughts about a collage and how it relates to your life? Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment