Thursday, June 13, 2013

Oral health, continued...

Click on the below article link for background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

http://www.examiner.com/list/oral-health


As I sat in the Oral Surgeon’s office yesterday, I created my article. My youngest son had to get his wisdom teeth removed. You might think I’d be used to this since I once had mine removed, his brother had his removed and my boyfriend’s son also went through the procedure just a couple of months ago.

I, as most mothers do, get anxious when my kids have to go through any medical procedure and especially surgery. My stomach felt sick as I sat and awaited the news that he was in recovery.

I’m sure this is a standard practice but no one wants to see his or her child go through this kind of pain and suffering. It was a tough recovery yesterday but he is getting through it and I’m sure he’ll bounce back quickly just like the others. I’ll be happy to put it behind us. I just can’t wait!

I’ve been pretty lucky that my kids have taken care of their teeth quite well. I had them to the dentist before they went to Kindergarten.

I was an adult, paying for my own bill, during my first dental visit and, because of this, dental health was a top priority while raising my kids.

The visit to the surgeon inspired my article.

How do you cope with this type of stuff? Drop me a note and let me know about it!

1 comment:

  1. OcciDental offers an extensive list of TMJ treatments that are designed to combat the various causes of the ailment. They will be able to choose the one that best suits your condition. Whether that means surgery to repair a sports injury that led to the TMJ, or whether it requires you to receive more therapeutic treatment, you can be sure that OcciDental will prescribe the correct treatment for you. If you or somebody you know is suffering from TMJ, make sure you visit Family Dental as soon as possible. This will prevent potential long term damage that may result from this treatable condition.

    emergency dentist bensonhurst brooklyn
    dentist Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete