Saturday, June 8, 2013

Assessment, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC drawing


Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


When I read an assessment recently I discovered that my family and I have went through a series of losses over the past couple of years. When you can check 3 or 4 life changing hardships on the form, it can shift your psyche and either gift you the satisfaction of, “Look how far I’ve come,” or “No wonder I feel like I do!”

Had I not had a loving support system and my artwork, I think I would have gone crazy by now.  It is really important to have a positive outlet for your pain otherwise during this vulnerable time it is easy to take on unhealthy activities such as drinking, overeating or other obsessions in an attempt to ease the pain.

Have you been to counseling in the past? If so, was it a bad or good experience?

I went to marriage counseling for a short while but my spouse wasn’t really taking the process seriously so we didn’t pursue it for long. I believe it can help if you apply yourself whole-heartily and you are ready for a positive change.

What are your thoughts? Leave me a note.    

No comments:

Post a Comment