Friday, May 24, 2013

Adlerian therapy, continued...

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

During my Spring Theories class we reviewed 11 different therapies and each has a unique spin.  By providing a bit of insight each week on each one of these theories, it has helped me to absorb a little more. What I like about what Alfred Adler brought forward is that it stems from Freud but it has more heart. Freud was a master-mind but it seems like he was stuck on the sexual motivation premise believing that everything connected back to early developmental sexual issues before the age of 6 years old.

Alfred, who had worked with Freud, eventually spun off into his own school of thought; one with heart. I believe it has more merit to it. It is holistic and purposeful but still recognizes much of what Freud brought forward about the unconscious and early development although this development was tied to social family aspect.

I'm curious about this arena, I'm hoping you find it equally interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment