Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homeopathy medicine, continued...


Click on the below article link for background information to this blog post:


A couple years ago I incorporated daily vitamins; Dr. Oz says that if you split each vitamin up and take ½ in the AM and the other ½ in the PM this will assure your body is digesting the entire supplement.

Over the past year, I’ve been trying to get a handle on my exercise routine. I used to work out a few days a week for a few months and then I would get lazy for a few months and lose the desire. This, of course, materialized through flab and an increased waistline. Last year I challenged myself to a 66-day exercise challenge and this manifested into a daily workout that I have continued since then. I feel pretty good about my exercise routine today.

Over the last few years, I have tried to get a handle on my food intake. In different intervals, I have cut out sugar, red meat and pop and, of course, I’ve tried specific protein type diets. Something that has stuck with me through this roller coaster of attempts is a fruit smoothie with protein powder as a meal each day. It includes berries, flaxseed, wheat germ, yogurt, ice and almond milk. I’m currently trying a 30-day detox (I’ve recently posted about this), and I’m hopeful it will reset my digestive system and gift me with weight loss. My high weight, the year before last, was 183 and my low weight last year was 157. I did put weight back on after this low (about ½). When I started my detox, I was 169. To date, I’ve lost 3 ½ pounds (after 6 days of detox). These first couple of days were tough but I’ve stuck to the challenge because I realize if I cheat, I’m only cheating myself. I am really hopeful to get a handle on my nutrition in 2013. I realize this will, in turn, gift me with a healthy weight.

Now, something new to my world is the homeopathy medicines, as an alternative to western medicine, I’ve discussed in the article. I am going to try these this year in hopes I can change my medicine cabinet and reflect a more natural approach. I do promote the comfort of living pain free so if they do not work for me, I’ll be the first to admit it. It should be interesting!

Do you have any homeopathy medicines that you use? If so, tell me about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment