Saturday, December 29, 2012

Meaning of the snowman, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I was talking to my oldest sister the other day and she was telling me that she was going to be babysitting my great niece this week. She also shared that her granddaughter was really looking forward to building a snowman. She is only 3 years old but she already appreciates the magic of the season and the joy it brings.

This made me think about all of the snowmen I built with my boys when they were little. I bought a big black top hat at a going out of business sale at a store. The boys loved picking the perfect twigs for the arms. We tried to make the largest snow balls that I could possibly lift.

It was a lot of fun. It wasn't too long ago when I actually made one myself, the year before last. Last year I got down in the snow and made snow angels, pretty glistening imprints.

Today, as I shoveled several inches of snow, first from my mom's driveway, and then from mine, I tried to stay in the present moment. As the hours passed I realized the mindless work, fresh air and workout actually made me feel better!

What are your thoughts about the snow? Do you take the time to enjoy it before the season vanishes into spring? If not, I urge you to try something new and enjoy it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment