Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Low calorie holiday dessert, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I was excited when I thought about the mixture of fudge-cycles and frozen cherries for my Cherry-chocycle dessert. It really is a yummy treat and I can't believe how low it is in calories; only 150 (hurray)!

Besides the Vanilla Almond milk substitute for eggnog I mentioned in the article, I've also gave up whipped cream (two tablespoons equals 50 calories), which used to top my Chai tea. Instead, I order my Starbuck's Chai extra foamy. These kind of substitutions are brilliant to me.

Do you have any you can share?

I've tried substituting applesauce for shortening (when baking), can you think of any others?

Drop me a note with some that have worked for you, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment