Monday, November 12, 2012

In loving memory, continued...


Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

My precious cat was diagnosed with Kidney failure in August of this year. At that time we put her on a special Renal diet. This, in some cases, has given up to 2 years of life for pets. I found vomit from her this past Wednesday although, when she is sick, she disappears and hides. She still seems a bit wild and withdraws when not feeling well. I looked for her all day Wednesday. Thursday morning she came out and wasn't breathing well. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with Pneumonia. The vet hydrated her with a drip, gave her a shot and sent medicine home with me. Her condition didn't improve through the weekend. She was a bit out of her mind. All she wanted to do was crawl inside her water bowl. I kept drying her off because she was soaking herself.

I had this sick feeling that she wasn't going to be able to beat this. I took her to the vet this morning and discovered, on top of everything, she was fighting congestive heart failure. It was all too much for her to fight.

It broke my heart to let her go. I've never put an animal to sleep but I couldn't let her suffer knowing she wouldn't be able to get better. I've prayed for the past week and today I continue to pray that God crossed her over and he's embraced her into his peaceful retreat.

She will be with me in my heart always!

No comments:

Post a Comment