Saturday, November 17, 2012

21 Day meditation challenge, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Drawing

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


I was introduced to Deepak’s 21-day Meditation Challenge on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday. Unfortunately I had DVR’d the program so I joined the challenge a few days late. I’m thankful for the timing of this gift.

It has been a tough week and this has helped me stay the course. If you follow my column, you know that Monday I put my cat to sleep. She was approximately 15 years old and suffering early kidney failure, congestive heart failure and the latest illness, Pneumonia.

It felt like my spirit was broken. It is cold and rainy here in Michigan. Between the weather and my emotional state, I coped through a 3-day migraine and now I have a horrible cold in the aftermath of her death. I pushed myself to meet my obligations this week but otherwise I’ve been struggling.

I usually meditate but with my health and mental state, focus has been tough. Deepak’s guided meditation has helped me quiet my mind and enable needed destress/relaxation.

I also think it is helping me connect with Charcoal, my cat, spiritually. When I went to my drawing class yesterday, one of my students told me about a cat she once had that was named Gray. It looked like my Charcoal. Last night, while on Facebook, I looked down at the list of “Friends I might know” offered up to me and Gray Cat was the first name on the list. Of course, I sent a friend invite; pretty amazing, huh?

Try the Deepak Chopra 21-Day Meditation challenge and let me know how it helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment