Saturday, June 16, 2012

What is a father, continued...

Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I look at this old photo of my parents and it makes me wonder about their dreams when they were so young. My dad looks a bit cocky in this photo. He was attractive. Could he have imagined he would have 4 kids? Did he realize his impact, both good and bad, on our lives? He's been gone now for 4 years and I still miss him terribly.

As a child I both loved and despised him. He was an alcoholic and abusive to my mom in my early years. During my junior high years he turned Christian and never touched alcohol again. From these days forward I was inspired by his life. He earned his title as father.

When I divorced my husband (who was also an alcoholic) it devastated my father although he stepped up and spent a lot of time with my 2 young sons. He made up for the loss time of my childhood through the extra time he spent with my children.

I'm a better person because of my dad; I know he sees and feels my love in his spirit form today because I still feel his love.

Happy Father's Day dad, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment