Friday, June 22, 2012

Healthy community, continued...



Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

It is easy to blame our communities for issues but how many of us are actually involved in promoting positive change?

I think we can all up the bar in this area. I devote time to Safehouse Center, a domestic violence shelter, here in Washtenaw County that is focused on building strong local neighborhoods. It is a great cause. I need to step up my efforts at the VA Hospital though. I'm a volunteer in their No Vet Dies Alone program although I've let my schedule get in the way of supporting this cause. I went a few months ago to make sure I meet their new security requirements needed to continue this work but I haven't spent any time there since I'm now able to participate again. I'm going to make an effort to get this back into my routine this summer. It is important to me to find ways to help others in their time of need. It is about spreading the love and, by doing this, I'm helping to strengthen the community.

I want to reach out to local non-profit organizations through my business, Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC and offer discounted rates to promote creative healing in these environments. I hope to be active in this arena by the fall!

What are your thoughts about community? How are you improving yours? Drop me a note, I would love to promote your cause and inspiration in my column!

No comments:

Post a Comment