Saturday, June 30, 2012

Half way health resolution status, continued...


Photo credit, Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

The photo is one I took of myself in a dressing room, over one year ago, trying on a medium shirt that is obviously too tight. I can wear this shirt today!

I started my weight loss journey November 1, 2011. At this time I weighed 183 pounds. I had tried to lose weight many times before this but I had been unsuccessful with other attempts. This time I was trying to behave during the holidays so I chose to start watching my weight before Thanksgiving and Christmas set in on the calendar. If you've followed my column I was trying to lose 5 pounds per month and, for the most part this worked up until I went on a cruise in April when I began to gain a bit back.

I started a very expensive diet called Zingular the end of May. This seemed to help me get back on track although I'm not sure I would recommend it to others. I had to drink a lot of protein shakes and eat limited amounts of protein (meat) while taking a bunch of supplements and water for the most part but I did lose some extra weight. Besides a few 500 calorie meals on off days, I didn't get many calories during this diet, which is why I'm not recommending it to others. It did help me wrap my mind around my health again after vacation side-tracked my efforts.

To date, I weigh 156 pounds. I've lost 27 pounds over the past 8 months. Many people have lost much more in this amount of time but, I'm proud of my success thus far. I feel healthier and I've got a lot more energy!

I credit my success to my motivation to be healthier and by making sure I'm eating when I'm hungry and not for other reasons like boredom. I've still got a few more pounds to conquer but I'm happily over the hump of this journey.  I'm hopeful my tips will help you. If you've got any tips to share, drop me a note, I would love to know what is working or not working for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment