Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother Terry Grahl and Enchanted Makeovers, continued...



Enchanted Makeover's Photo of heartfelt work

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:


Terry Grahi is an award winning interior decorator. Her spirit was awakened by a project at a local shelter she took on to improve the conditions for other woman and children.

In her words, “I’m on a mission to inspire people to dream while they are awake, follow their hearts, and most importantly, to see each other truly as an extension of one's self.”

She attributes her transformation to the pillow that spoke to her in the photo she took at the shelter.

Terry described, “A polka-dotted pillow changed my life and my journey. When I tell people this, most will say, ‘What?’ And, then envision a pretty, feminine, polka-dotted pillow, trimmed with a big flowing ruffle. Well, that is exactly what my heart saw when I viewed the old, worn, tattered bed, but clearly not what my eyes saw. That vision was the beginning of my personal transformation."

She shared, “Opportunities present themselves all of the time. We just have to be awakened enough to see them. I feel blessed that God opened my eyes with the vision of the polk-a-dot pillow. The whisper became louder until it roared."

Terry talked about her transition, “It was a leap of faith, as I continued accepting work from private clients, I felt something was missing. I had taken on additional shelter projects in 2007, but continued to hold onto the security of my paying clients. In December 2008, I decided to close my decorating business, Terry's Enchanted Cottage. I knew without a doubt that God had much bigger plans for my life, and he needed to use me for his glory. We made a deal with each other on that day. I asked that he would continue to provide the needs for my family (food and a roof over our heads) and his request was, ‘Glorify Me.’ In August 2009, Terry's Enchanted Cottage, established back in 2005, ultimately became Enchanted Makeovers, a non-profit 501 (C) 3 organization that is recognized nationally!”

You can contact Terry Grahl Founder & Visionary of Enchanted Makeovers, via e-mail, enchantedmakeovers@comcast.net or by phone# (734) 776-0848. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kathryn for sharing my story and EM's mission... Terry ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my pleasure; I'm hopeful our paths will cross again through our work.

    ReplyDelete