Friday, March 2, 2012

Forest retreat, continued...




Lifetime Art Impressions, LLC Photo

Click on the below article link to obtain background information to this blog post:

Examiner article

I love how connected we are with nature and, as detailed in this article, trees in particular. To me, they are symbolic of strength and growth. Last fall I took a trip with my family to northern California and we visited the Redwoods. This trip is one of my favorites and I travel as often as possible (many times a year). As we drove into the vicinity, it wasn't hard to miss these towering giants. The overall feeling was "awe". It was peaceful and grounding to spend time with them. The smell of the wood, the sight of the forest and the serenity felt gifted a spiritual connection. The way the sun rays filtered through the leaves to create patterns and manifest shade from the trees, was mesmerizing.

The beauty of this natural resource is that you don't have to go far to find a forest or a tree for that matter.

My plea, if you're not appreciating the splendor of this resource, give it a chance. Make some time for the trees in your environment, they will lift your spirit!

Have you traveled to other forests that have impacted you? If so, drop me a note, I would love to visit others on future trips.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Trees are very spiritual.
    Locally, the Saginaw Forest in Ann Arbor is a peaceful place to take a walk.
    Nationally, I have loved the beauty of Glacier Park, Yellowstone, and Yosemite National Park.

    ReplyDelete